Students will need a visa before travelling to the United States. In order to do this you need an acceptance letter from an accredited college/university so that you are enrolled in the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). You will have to pay the I-90 fee and the institution that accepted you will provide an I-20. You must present this form (I-20) to the consular officer once you have your visa interview.

If you are married and have children, they will also need an I-20.

The procedures are as follow:

  1. Complete the online visa application
  2. Schedule an interview
  3. Gather the necessary documentation

For more accurate information please visit or visit your nearest US Embassy or Consulate.